- Knowledge: To understand the psychopathology and management of common mental disorders.
- Skill: To obtain the skill for thorough assessment and management of common mental disorders.
To promote awareness of mental health and rehabilitation in community
To develop research practice regarding mental health
- Attitude: To reduce stigma and discrimination regarding mental health in community
o reduce mental health gap through comprehensive health care services
- Prescribed Texts:
1.Synopsis of Psychiatry (Behavioral sciences/ Clinical Psychiatry) Kapalan and Sadok
2. Oxford Handbook of Psychiatry
3. Fish’s Psychopathology
4. Stahl’s Essential Psychopharmacology
5. the Maudsley Prescribing Guidelines in Psychiatry
6. Sim's Symptoms in the Mind: An Introduction to Descriptive Psychopathology. 4th Edition
7. WHO mh Gap version -2
8. DSM 5 Diagnostic Criteria for Mental Health
9. Manual of undergraduate students (mental health)
Benjamin James Sadock, Virginia Alcott Sadock, Pedro Ruiz. (2015) Synopsis of Psychiatry (11st edition),Wolters Kluwer; Philadelphia.
Cowen P, Harrison P, Burns T. (2012) Shorter Oxford Textbook of Psychiatry (6thedition), Oxford: Oxford University Press.
Taylor D, Paton C, Kapur S. (2010) The Maudsley Prescribing Guidelines in Psychiatry (13rd edition).
Stahl SM. (2008) Stahl’s Essential Psychopharmacology (3rd edition), Cambridge University Press; Cambridge.
American Psychiatric Association (2013) Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 5th edition. Washington, DC.
Mental Health Project MMR MNH 002. (2005) Manual of Mental Health for Medical Officers. Ministry of Health, Myanmar.
Oyebode F. (2008) Sim's Symptoms in the Mind: An Introduction to Descriptive Psychopathology. 4th Edition. Saunders: Elsevier.
Hamilton M. (1960) A Rating Scale for Depression. Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery and Psychiatry; 23: 56-62.